28 March 2024

28 March 2024 - MGOL - World Piano Day

 WORLD PIANO DAY 28 MARCH 2024





The typical Piano has 88 keys. March 28 in a leap year or March 29 in a normal year is celebrated as the World Piano Day. It was yesterday this year and I missed it. 88th day of the year equal to 88 keys of the Piano is the logic. The day was started in 2015 by a German Composer and Pianist Nils Frahm.


Piano became my instrument of choice first in an album recording in 2010. It was a collection of my compositions and was titled Geetanjali Express S1. By 2012 I replaced the Harmonium with the Piano on the Synthesizer as my main music instrument in my Live Concert. And finally in May 2017, Piano on the Synthesizer became the only instrument on stage as Vocal Sonata – I am in probability the only one in the world presenting a full professional and commercial concert in this format.


There were occasions when I was lucky to play the real Piano too...The photo is from one such occasion. There are many great Pianists in the world that I have admired, observed and tried to learn from – I am a self taught totally unorthodox Pianist. Today I pay my tribute to some of my favourites – Daniel Barenboim (Argentina now Israel), Martha Argerich (Argentina), Richard Clayderman (France – the main inspiration of Vocal Sonata Format), Yanni (Greece now USA) and Brian Silas (India) 


Happy World Piano Day 2024.



My Indian Inspiration for Vocal Sonata - Mr. Brian Silas






- Dr. Salil Latay
Pune, India
28 March 2024, Thursday






Images and Videos used from the Internet. All rights and credits belong to the respective owners and creators. I or this blog site do not claim any right, ownership or credit on the material used here in this post. I - Dr. Salil Latay sincerely appreciate and thank everyone associated with the material used here.

No comments:

Post a Comment