15 February 2024

15 Feb 2024 - MGOL - Harish Bhimani - Birthday

Happy Birthday to the most heard voice on Indian Television – Harish Bhimani – The greatest voice-over artist of Indian Television and Master of Ceremonies or Compere, News Anchor, Ad-man and Writer turning 68 today. (b. 15 Feb 1956)


You can still hear him on Vodafone Cellular and BSNL notifications – “Is Marg Ki Sabhi Lines Yyast Hain” (tr. All lines on this route are busy), various TV ads, Albums and various airlines in-flight entertainment. Most known for his Iconic Voice-over of the invisible character of ‘Samay’ of B R Chopra’s Mahabharat 1988-90 on Doordarshan.


A source of inspiration for many like me – who do a little voice-over every now and then. Happy Birthday Sir!













The Great Voice in action


His most iconic Voice Over - "Samay" of Mahabharat - Here Harish Bhimani presents a glimpse on stage. This is exactly the way he use to sound during the 1988-89 broadcast of the TV Serial by B R Chopra....always starting with the great phrase - Main Samay Hoon! (tr. I am Time)




The great voice in  recording and his normal off microphone voice...





My humble attempt at a Voice Over - As I mentioned earlier - I do occasional Voice Overs - in English, Hindi and Marathi...I once recorded one in Gujarati too!!!...

In 2004, I got a chance to sing for a Hindi Devotional Album, composed by Well Known Marathi Music Composer - Late. Mr. Anand Modak. I sang two songs at a studio in Mumbai. During the takes, Mr. Modak heard me speak through the recording booth with the Microphone On and suggested to the Director of the project to check my voice. To my utter surprise, I ended up with the entire narration of the album of 8 songs along with my 2 songs. I will always thank and remember with gratitude Modak Sir for that. The moment I was to go for my first take with the narration - I visualised - How Harish Bhimani would have done this narration? and I tried to do the same.

The first 30 seconds is my narration followed by the opening lines of my first out of the two songs. The album was titled - Darshan.








- Dr. Salil Latay
Pune, India
15 February 2024, Thursday




First published in 2022...now a re run.





Images and Videos used from the Internet. All rights and credits belong to the respective owners and creators. I or this blog site do not claim any right, ownership or credit on the material used here in this post. I - Dr. Salil Latay sincerely appreciate and thank everyone associated with the material used here.



No comments:

Post a Comment