19 October 2022

16 Oct 2022 - Concert - Kolkata

Dr. Salil Latay - In Concert - Sukoonbhare Nagme


Mission of Melody travels to the City of Joy – Kolkata. The first on location trip to the great state of Bengal after the pandemic.

Saptasur Octave, Haldia (Bengal) headed by the dynamic Mr. Satyajit Dey paid a musical tribute on the Death Anniversary of his Maternal Uncle (Mama in Hindi) Late Mr. Ashutosh Deb of Kolkata – an artist himself of high repute. The concert was organised at the campus of the prestigious Jadavpur University at Kolkata. Attended by many of the relatives, friends and colleagues of the Late Mr. Deb along with general public, the multi artist presentation culminated with the special presentation of the evening – A Concert of Sukoonbhare Nagme by Dr. Salil Latay.

Appreciated by one and all with an overwhelming response, this was one more of my many memorable musical trips to this great land of art, culture, music, literature and myriads of artists – Composers & Singers whom I have considered my Gurus in music and life.

Thank You Bengal, Thank You Kolkata. Thank You Saptasur Octave and special thanks to Mr. Satyajit Dey for his continued belief, support and proactive efforts in propagating my Mission of Melody to this day right from the very first concert he organised in 2013! I am truly honoured Satyajitbabu!





Dr. Salil Latay outside the venue - the prestigious Jadavpur Univeristy at Kolkata



The Special Presentation of the evening - Concert by Dr. Salil Latay.
The compere introducing me and my work to the City of Joy!



I explain the concept of Sukoonbhare Nagme and Vocal Sonata before the Take Off.



And the Take Off of Vocal Sonata at Kolkata - The audience is all ears!



In Action










Overwhelming Appreciation of the presentation and lots of photos clicked after that.
With all those who were a part of the great event (L to R) Mr. Satyajit Dey of Saptasur Octave, Mrs. Barnali Kar (A fellow singer - regular on Bangla TV Channels - who along with many others sang before my presentation), Mrs. Shubhra Adhya (Compere), Dr. Salil Latay, Mr. Bimanchandra Ghosh (P - Jadavpur University Alumini Association) and Mr. Probir Choudhury (VP - Jadavpur University Alumini Association)



With the man who got me to Bengal one more time - I salute his belief, conviction and his zeal to get my Concert to the right kind of avenues right from our first event in 2013. Thank You Mr. Satyajit Dey - You are one of the biggest pillars of strength in my journey with Mission of Melody. I salute you Satyajitbabu!
P.S. He has already started working on the next one!



Here is the Video of the Photo Report of the same on my YouTube Channel
Photo Report Video 16 Oct 2022 Kolkata

Please Don't forget to visit the updated - The Journey So Far...

Just Click the link below...


Updated....The Journey So Far...






- Dr. Salil Latay
Pune, India
19 October 2022, Wednesday

No comments:

Post a Comment